Benefits of Pilates
The Pilates Method is for anyone and everyone – no matter what your level of fitness or age
Joseph and Clara originally termed their form of exercise “Contrology” and encouraged the use of the mind to control the muscles.
- Helps to keep the human body balanced and provide support for the spine.
- Pilates teaches awareness of breath, alignment of the spine and strengthens the deep torso and abdominal muscles.
- Helps to build flexibility, long lean muscles, strength and endurance in the legs, abdominals, arms, hips, and back, without forming bulk.
- It places emphasis on spinal and pelvic alignment, breathing to relieve stress and enhanced oxygen flow to muscles.
- Develops a strong core (tones abdominals while strengthening the back), and improves co-ordination and balance. Nagging back-ache and head-aches, sore stiff necks and even old injuries will improve.
- Pilates’ adaptable system allows for the different exercises to be modified in a range of difficulty from beginner to advanced.
- No muscle group is under or over-trained as the exercises are performed very precisely and work a number of muscle groups at the same time.
- It enhances core strength and brings increased reach, flexibility, sure-footedness and agility.
“In 10 sessions, you will feel the difference in 20, you will see the difference and in 30 you’ll be on your way to having a whole new body.”
– Joseph Pilates